Förarintyg in English for recreational boat is now offered as a course starting in 2020. Förarintyget is a certificate showing that the proprietor has proven to have theoretical knowledge of bringing recreational boats in and out of protected waters as well as how to show good seamanship. Welcome to book an intensive course leading to the Förarintyg certificate with Svensk Båtutbildning today!
- Course fee: 2950 SEK.
- Where: Central Stockholm and Gothenburg.
- When during the week: Saturday at. 09:30 to 16:00 and Sunday at 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. The examination will take place on Sunday between 16:00 and about 18:00.
- Educational Guarantee: Yes. This means that you may come back for free if you do not pass the test. However, it always costs to write the exam as this is handled by the Board of Boating Education Examiners.
- Course literature: If you do not have a course book we recommend that you order the following book and read it before the course starts: https://www.adlibris.com/se/e-bok/yachtmaster-for-sail-and-power-9781472925503
- Course material: 350 SEK. Includes exercise chart, dividers (passare in Swedish), conveyor (transportör in Swedish), ruler, pen and paper. Select/remove course material in the booking form on the right. We do not send out material before the course starts. You get this when the course starts.
- Examination fee: 625 SEK (plus 65 SEK for the Blue Certificate Book) will be added and levied by the Boating Life Education Board. Payable in cash or via Swish.
- Total for the course, course material & examination fee: 3 990 SEK.
English Förarintyg in Stockholm
Are you thinking about getting a motorboat or sailboat in Stockholm? Do you want to feel more secure while at sea? With a Swedish Förarintyg you will get a ”Swedish boat driving license” and can feel confident that you know what to do in situations that you may not have encountered before. You will learn, among other things, to navigate, reading sea charts, fairways, landmarks, laws and regulations, environmental awareness and what you do if an accident occurs. The course is theoretical and you will learn how to handle and drive recreational boats in and out of protected waters.
Appreciated intensive courses
We offer appreciated intensive courses for those who want to take a Swedish ”Förarintyg för båt”. Actually, there is no difference between the terms Förarintyg and Förarbevis. These are simply two names for the same thing. We choose to use both terms because they are widely accepted.
Driver’s certificate for boat in Gamla stan in Stockholm
Our courses that lead to Förarintyg are held at Gamla Stan in Stockholm. With us everyone is welcome, as long as you turn 12 years the year you want to take the exam. The course takes place in modern premises with proximity to restaurants and cafes.
What you will learn during the Förarintyg course
The course ”Förarintyg för båt” is mainly used to increase yours and your family’s safety when it comes to boat life at sea, whether you are sailing or driving a motor boat. Therefore, safety is at the center of the training during the course.
The course includes navigation, rules to give way and general knowledge that you need to know at sea with the purpose of increasing your security at sea. With a Förarintyg, your boat life boat will undoubtedly change for the better. Below you can read more about the course content.
Swedish sea charts
We will go over how Swedish charts work and look, both on paper and in electronic format. You will learn to interpret symbols and abbreviations to find the right information. We will also go through the possibilities and limitations of the charts.
You will learn how to navigate, measure and calculate speed, time and distance, at a simple level. Based on both charts and what you see in real life, you will be able to determine your position and plan sea voyages. We will discuss how compasses work, their significance and how they are affected by magnetic objects.
Safety, seamanship and health at sea
To be able to handle boats safely, you will learn what operating characteristics different boats have and how they respond to different conditions at sea. You will learn how to best pay attention to others and how to reduce risks, handle harsh weather and do preventive maintenance.
Laws and regulations
You will become familiar with important laws and regulations that affect recreational boaters. Among other things, what applies to the commander’s responsibilities, penal liability, international maritime regulations and the Swedish Transport Agency’s regulations and advice on maritime regulations. You will also learn to understand ship lights, signal figures and audio and light signals.
Prepare for the future
The course that leads to a ”boat driver’s certificate” – Förarintyg – and prepares you for a future where boat driving licenses become a requirement for a leisure boat, something that has been on the agenda before. If the proposal become a reality, your Förarintyg will most likely be directly converted into a boat driving license. You will already have what you need as a boat owner.